My family loves salads with colorful fresh fruit all summer long! I find a salad with fresh fruit calls for a sweeter dressing, one in stark contrast to my go to “Balsamic Vinaigrette” with the red onion and parsley. It is so simple to make and requires no slicing or dicing! A big plus when you are pressed for time. I love to marry the sweet flavors of this vinaigrette with the tangy yet salty flavors of the Cilantro lime marinade (use on shrimp or chicken: please check out https://mysavorykitchen.com/cilantro-lime-grilled-shrimp/).
I typically make this salad with fresh strawberries, raspberries, and blackberries. Choose any berry you like, or when peaches are at their peak I choose them instead. I always look forward to peach season! Yum! I also add dried cherries or cranberries and pecans. Enjoy!
Salad with Fruit in a Honey Vinaigrette
- 12 Oz Lettuce of choice Butter lettuce preferred
- 2 Cups Any type of berry or peaches
- 1/2 Cup Dried Cherries or cranberries
- 1/2 Cup pecans
- And for the Honey Vinaigrette:
- 1/2 Cup Olive oil
- 3 tbsp White balsamic or white wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/8 tsp Black Pepper
- Sprinkle of Garlic
- 2+ tbsp Honey
- Prep all ingredients for the salad in large bowl
- To make the Honey vinaigrette:
- Simply mix all ingredients together with a whisk.
- Pour Honey Vinaigrette over the salad. Toss and enjoy on it's own or with Cilantro Lime Grilled Shrimp or Chicken