I had the hardest time coming up with a name for this latest creation! I was all over the map with descriptors, when finally it came to me – it’s basically just Salmon in sauce, so I called it Saucy Salmon! I know…….not too creative but it will do!
I’ve mentioned before that I struggle with Salmon! I want to eat it because of the healthy punch of Omega 3 it delivers, but I have to camouflage it due to the strong flavor compared to many other fish varieties. I typically camouflage Salmon with a sweet sauce (see Apricot Glazed Salmon for another Salmon recipe! https://mysavorykitchen.com/?s=salmon), but this time I went the savory route. Saucy Salmon blends delicious sauteed garlic, chicken broth, and tomato paste with non-dairy milk to create a rich and creamy garlicky sauce.
I hope you enjoy it as much as we did!
- 4 Salmon Fillets
- 4 Cloves Grarlic Diced
- 3 Tbs Butter
- 2 Tbs Flour (I used Gluten-Free)
- 2 Cups Milk of Choice
- 1/2 Cup Chicken Broth
- 2 Tbs Tomato Paste
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Parsley for garnish
- Heat medium sized skillet on medium-high heat.
- Melt 1 tablespoon of butter
- Season Salmon filets with salt and pepper
- Add Salmon filets and sear until golden brown about 5 minutes per side
- Set Salmon aside on a separate plate
- Add garlic and saute until golden, and some salt and pepper at this point.
- Now it's time to make your Rou. Add 2 tablespoons of butter to the sauted garlic. Once melted add 2 tablespoons of flour and quickly whisk until it forms a paste.
- Stir in the milk and chicken broth, continuing to whisk until creamy (all lumps smoothed out).
- Blend in the tomato paste, adding more salt and pepper if desired.
- Add the Salmon back to the pan, spooning the creamy sauce over the top.
- Garnish with Italian Parlsely and serve!