As a Celiac, I spent many years missing a good crusty bread until Schaar came out with their amazing Baguette! You have to bake it for a few minutes to get the crust crispy but it’s worth the extra time. One of my goals is to create my own Gluten Free Baguette recipe, but Schaar has produced a great product and it’s far easier than baking it! You can use any type of crusty bread available to you in your local stores.
Gluten free bread can be a little tough to cut longer oblong slices because the bread can fall apart a bit, but I try anyway! This is really such a simple recipe that you can either top with a variety of foods and serve at a party, or with a warm bowl of soup (See. https://mysavorykitchen.com/potato-leek-soup-hold-the-heavy-cream/). I remove the garlic after I infuse the oil, but if you prefer to keep the garlic on that is delicious as well! Just brush your teeth a but longer :). Enjoy!
- 1 Baguette
- 2 Cloves Garlic
- 1/2 Cup Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Slice Garlic into thin strips
- Mix with olive oil, salt, and pepper with whisk
- Using a muddler, muddle (break apart, mash) garlic in the olive oil
- Let sit at least 30 minutes to blend so the garlic flavor infuses with the oil
- Heat garlic-infused olive oil mixture over medium-low heat to intensify the garlic flavor
- Remove the garlic from the olive oil with a sieve (Optional)
- Brush the remaining olive-infused oil over each slice of bread
- Arrange bread on cookie tray
- Bake 15 minutes or until preferred browning
Thanks for sharing this simple but delicious recipe!! I love bread and garlic/oil. SO good. This is delicious to with the garlic inside the oil to really give it its flavor.
this and a glass of wine!!! yum!