Certain fruits pair so beautifully with meats and fish and help jazz up a meal with their sweet burst of flavor! Figs make a great companion to scallops and in this recipe, I turned up the heat by adding Fresno Peppers to the jam. Two peppers create a medium spice, so add more peppers if you really love spice, and choose less if your spice tolerance is low.
3 ounces of Scallops are only 94 Calories but provide 19.5 grams of protein, plus they contain a variety of nutrients making them a great overall food. Pan-searing can be done in 10 minutes or less so they are easy too!
When plating, spoon about two tablespoons of jam in the center of the plate and top with 3 scallops.
Pan-Seared Scallops with Spicy Fig Jam
- 1 lb Large Sea Scallops
- 2 Tbs Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Spicy Fig Jam https://mysavorykitchen.com/spicy-fig-jam/
- Generously salt and pepper both sides of scallops
- Heat skillet on medium-high heat (I use a non-stick pan for this)
- Heat Olive oil
- Sear scallops 4-5 minutes per side or until internal temperature reaches 150'
- Place 2 tbs Spicy Fig Jam ( https://mysavorykitchen.com/spicy-fig-jam/ )on the center of plate and top with scallops
Spicy Fig Jam
- 16 oz Fresh Figs
- 2 Fresno peppers
- 1/3 Cup Sugar
- Slice Figs in half length-wise
- Chop up the Fresno peppers
- Add to a food processor. Puree on high until desired consistency. Figs will cook down in the pot.
- Combine figs and peppers with sugar in a small pot. Cook on medium-low heat for 5-8 minutes, stirring often to avoid burning
- Let cool. Enjoy as a spread or pair it with chicken, pork, or fish. Great on muffins and toast too!
- Store in refrigerator up 5 days